STATE TRAFFIC SAFETY: ITS ORGANIZATION, ADMINISTRATION, AND PROGRAMMING
This monograph examines the organization, administration, and programming of state traffic safety circa 1953. At the time this work was written, relatively few states had formally established comprehensive state safety or public safety support organizations. The author attempts to set forth some examples and describes successful safety projects. The aim was to provide state traffic safety directors with the tools necessary to administer effective programs. Chapters discuss coordination and leadership, organization and operation of both state and public support safety groups, inter-organizational coordination, and program selection and development. The appendix includes examples of the structural and legislative organization of a variety of state and public safety groups and affiliates.
Eno Transportation Foundation1250 I Street, NW, Suite 750
Washington, DC United States 20005
- Halsey, M
- Publication Date: 1953
- Features: Appendices; Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 287 p.
- TRT Terms: Administration; Highway safety; Highway safety organizations; Highway transportation; Monographs; Organization; Safety programs; State departments of transportation; State highway departments; Traffic safety
- Geographic Terms: United States
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Highways; Safety and Human Factors; I83: Accidents and the Human Factor;
- Accession Number: 00795994
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 12 2000 12:00AM