This monograph, an updated version of an earlier work entitled "The Parking Problem--A Library Research" (1942) examines the issue of highway transportation and vehicular parking circa 1946. The earlier version involved the collection of data and review of certain aspects of parking and terminal problems as they existed in urban areas. "Parking" is a revision adding newer information and references on more recent (relatively) surveys and investigations and covers the most important aspects of parking demands, practices, and treatments. Chapters are devoted to defining the parking problem, parking characteristics, curb parking, off-street parking, rural highways, and enforcement. A variety of data is presented in tabular and graphical formats.
Eno Transportation Foundation1250 I Street, NW, Suite 750
Washington, DC United States 20005
- Smith, W S
- LeCraw, C S
- Publication Date: 1946
- Features: Figures; Photos; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 126 p.
- TRT Terms: Automobile driving; Curb side parking; Highway transportation; Monographs; Motor vehicles; Off street parking; Parking; Parking demand; Parking facilities; Rural highways; Traffic law enforcement; Urban areas
- Subject Areas: Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; Terminals and Facilities; I73: Traffic Control;
- Accession Number: 00795990
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 12 2000 12:00AM