TRAFFIC SPEED ENFORCEMENT POLICIES
This monograph examines the impact of traffic law enforcement on motor vehicle speed control circa 1948. A questionnaire was used to collect data in order to assess the policies in effect at that time and determine if they were meeting with success in reducing excessive speed. Chapters focus on speed laws, tolerances in speed cases, apprehension methods, court procedures and fines, and equipment employed by law enforcement entities in traffic work. Results of the survey are presented in tabular form and the original survey questionnaire is included as an appendix.
Eno Transportation Foundation1250 I Street, NW, Suite 750
Washington, DC United States 20005
- Smith, W S
- LeCraw Jr, C S
- Publication Date: 1948
- Features: Appendices; Figures; Photos; Tables;
- Pagination: 111 p.
- TRT Terms: Automobile driving; Highway transportation; Monographs; Motor vehicles; Questionnaires; Speed control; Speed limits; Speeding; Traffic law enforcement; Traffic safety; Traffic speed
- Subject Areas: Highways; Law; Operations and Traffic Management; Safety and Human Factors; I73: Traffic Control; I83: Accidents and the Human Factor;
- Accession Number: 00795988
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 11 2000 12:00AM