TURN CONTROLS IN URBAN TRAFFIC
This monograph discusses the importance and use of traffic controls to maintain an orderly movement of traffic through intersections in urban areas circa 1951. The focus is on vehicle-vehicle and vehicle-pedestrian conflicts in intersections and how they affect traffic and pedestrian safety and traffic congestion and delays. The material is sub-divided into 2 sections: a report on a study of current practices in controlling turns; and a study of vehicle-pedestrian conflicts wherein empirical data were analyzed in terms of conflicts on the operating efficiency of intersections. A range of statistical field data is presented in graphical and tabular form.
- Record URL:
Eno Transportation Foundation1250 I Street, NW, Suite 750
Washington, DC United States 20005
- Publication Date: 1951
- Features: Appendices; Figures; Photos; Tables;
- Pagination: 90 p.
- TRT Terms: Intersections; Monographs; Pedestrian safety; Pedestrian vehicle interface; Traffic conflicts; Traffic congestion; Traffic control; Traffic delays; Traffic safety; Turning traffic; Urban areas
- Subject Areas: Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; I73: Traffic Control;
- Accession Number: 00795987
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: NTL, TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 11 2000 12:00AM