PARKING REQUIREMENTS FOR SHOPPING CENTERS: SUMMARY RECOMMENDATIONS AND RESEARCH STUDY REPORT. SECOND EDITION
This report, based on a survey of nearly 500 shopping centers, and parking counts at 169 centers during the 1998 holiday season, contains data on parking standards for today's shopping centers. This edition considers the changes in shopper and industry characteristics that have affected parking demand, including the increasing size of centers, the growing numbers of women in the labor force, higher levels of traffic congestion, and the emergence of new retail formats such as entertainment, power, theme, and specialty centers. The study includes a wealth of tables and illustrations that make it easy to determine the number of parking spaces necessary for a broad range of retail facilities - from small strip centers to major malls. In addition, 15 case studies provide a source of new ideas by describing innovative ways that shopping centers have managed parking.
- Record URL:
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://uli.bookstore.ipgbook.com/parking-requirements-for-shopping-centers-products-9780874202588.php?page_id=32&pid=ULI
Washington, DC United States 20007-5201
- Publication Date: 1999
- Features: Appendices; Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 89 p.
- TRT Terms: Case studies; Females; Holidays; Labor force; Parking; Parking demand; Parking facilities; Parking garages; Parking lots; Retail trade; Shopping centers; Size; Standards; Surveys; Tables (Data); Traffic congestion
- Subject Areas: Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; Terminals and Facilities; I73: Traffic Control;
- Accession Number: 00795478
- Record Type: Publication
- ISBN: 0874208289
- Report/Paper Numbers: P92
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 10 2000 12:00AM