SERVICE-LIFE PREDICTION - STATE-OF-THE-ART REPORT
This report presents current information on the service-life prediction of new and existing concrete structures. This information is important to both the owner and the design professional. Important factors controlling the service life of concrete and methodologies for evaluating the condition of the existing concrete structures, including definitions of key physical properties, are also presented. Techniques for predicting the service life of concrete and the relationship between economics and the service life of structures are discussed. The examples provided discuss which service-life techniques are applied to concrete structures or structural components. Finally, needed developments are identified.
- Reported by ACI Committee 365
Farmington Hills, MI United States 48331
- Publication Date: 2000-4
- Features: Figures; Photos; References;
- Pagination: 44 p.
- TRT Terms: Concrete structures; Corrosion; Durability; Economics; Physical properties; Service life; State of the art reports
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Design; Economics; Highways; Materials; I24: Design of Bridges and Retaining Walls; I32: Concrete;
- Accession Number: 00795472
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: ACI 365.1R-00
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 9 2000 12:00AM