REPORTS ON TRAFFIC FLOW AND SAFETY APPLICATIONS OF ROAD BARRIERS: 3. MITIGATION OF CONSTRUCTION-RELATED CONGESTION THROUGH THE USE OF POSITIVE SEPARATION TECHNOLOGIES
The purpose of this report is to investigate the application of Moveable Barrier Technology (MBT) at work zones and to make appropriate recommendations. This report shows that MBT has reduced construction-related delays significantly at many different types of work zone situations without compromising safety. The cost efficiency of MBT is investigated and the report finds that MBT becomes cost effective as soon as work zone capacity is lower than the traffic volume moving through the work zone.
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Rathbone, D B
- Publication Date: 2000-3
- Features: Appendices; Figures; Photos; Tables;
- Pagination: 19 p.
- TRT Terms: Barriers (Roads); Cost effectiveness; Highway capacity; Traffic congestion; Traffic delays; Traffic mitigation; Traffic safety; Work zone traffic control; Work zones
- Subject Areas: Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; I73: Traffic Control;
- Accession Number: 00795359
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jul 21 2000 12:00AM