A GUIDE TO FEDERAL-AID PROGRAMS, PROJECTS, AND OTHER USES OF HIGHWAY FUNDS
The purpose of this guide is to provide basic information about: New programs, projects, and uses of highway funds authorized by the Intermodal Surface Transportation Efficiency Act of 1991 (ISTEA); Continuing programs, projects, and uses of highway funds authorized by previous legislation and continued by ISTEA; Discontinued programs, projects, and uses of highway funds authorized by previous legislation and continuing only until remaining available funds are obligated, transferred, or lapsed; and Inactive programs, projects, and uses of highway funds that have existed in recent time, some of which, although no longer active, were the basis for current programs, projects, or uses of highway funds, and hence, are of possible historic interest. This guide should be of interest to Federal Highway Administration, State highway agency, local government, and private sector personnel interested in a basic understanding of Federal-aid programs, projects, or uses of highway funds. In addition to basic information, sources of additional information are provided.
- Record URL:
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Publication Date: 1992-9
- Pagination: 377 p.
- TRT Terms: Federal aid; Federal aid highways; Guides to information
- Identifier Terms: Intermodal Surface Transportation Efficiency Act of 1991; Surface Transportation Program
- Subject Areas: Finance; Highways; I10: Economics and Administration;
- Accession Number: 00795355
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: FHWA-PD-92-018
- Files: NTL, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jul 21 2000 12:00AM