A MODEL OF CAPACITY UTILISATION IN LINER SHIPPING
The paper investigates the institutional arrangements in liner shipping with respect to the utilisation of ships' capacity. Both the theoretical model and the evidence obtained from an analysis of the Australia-to-Europe Conference indicate that excess capacity results from short-run fluctuation in the demand for shipping services, and the inability of liner operators to make short-run adjustments.
- Shipping Economics Discussion Paper No. 1.
University of New South WalesCentre for Applied Economic Research
Kensington, New South Wales Australia 2033
- Zerby, J A
- Conlon, R M
- Publication Date: 1976-7
- TRT Terms: Freight traffic; Liner shipping; Physical distribution; Shipping conferences
- Old TRIS Terms: Conference operations
- Subject Areas: Freight Transportation; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00148489
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: University of New South Wales
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 23 1977 12:00AM