INTERSOCIETY CONFERENCE ON TRANSPORTATION 4TH ANNUAL, PROCEEDINGS, 1976
The Proceedings contain 100 papers and 69 abstracts of paper presented at the Conference. Broad topic areas covered include policy and planning, design and operation, total environment, energy and fuels, command and control, regulation and legislation. Each of these topic areas provides the background against which various aspects of every form of transportation is discussed, including demand forecasting, mass transit, bicycle transportation, group and personal rapid transit, capital costs, freight handling, energy conservation, vehicle design, pavements, noise, traffic engineering, and others. Selected papers are indexed separately.
- The conference, sponsored by the Intersociety Committee on Transportation, was held in Los Angeles, California, July 18-23, 1976.
American Society of Mechanical EngineersTwo Park Avenue
New York, NY USA 10016-5990
- Publication Date: 1976
- TRT Terms: Energy consumption; Environmental impacts; Freight transportation; Policy; Public transit; Regulations; Transportation planning
- Old TRIS Terms: Energy requirements; Government policies; Government regulations
- Subject Areas: Energy; Environment; Freight Transportation; Law; Operations and Traffic Management; Policy; Public Transportation; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00148247
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: Proceeding
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 16 1981 12:00AM