TRANSPORTATION AND THE NEW ENERGY POLICIES (TRUCK SIZES AND WEIGHTS). HEARINGS BEFORE THE SUBCOMMITTEE ON TRANSPORTATION, COMMITTEE ON PUBLIC WORKS, UNITED STATES SENATE, 93RD CONGRESS, 2ND SESSION, FEBRUARY 20, 21, AND MARCH 26, 1974
These hearings concern proposals for easing Federal limitations on vehicle sizes and weights, so that trucks can carry greater loads and so that energy consumption can be reduced. The impact of heavier trucks on highways and bridges and on highway safety is considered as arguments for and against increases in size and weight are presented. Included are the testimony and prepared statements of witnesses, and additional material submitted for the record.
United States SenateCommittee on Public Works
Washington, DC United States 20510
- Publication Date: 1974
- Pagination: 678 p.
- TRT Terms: Bridges; Congressional hearings; Energy consumption; Federal laws; Highway safety; Highways; Impacts; Testimony; Trucks; Vehicle size; Vehicle weight
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Energy; Highways; Law; Motor Carriers; Planning and Forecasting; I72: Traffic and Transport Planning;
- Accession Number: 00794722
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: Serial No. 93-H28, Part 2
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 16 2000 12:00AM