SHIP PILOTING TRAINER
A ship piloting trainer is disclosed wherein a film depicting landmarks which would be seen upon entering a harbor is projected on a curved screen, a gyro repeater and alidade are disposed at the center of curvature of the screen, and computer means are provided for providing appropriate offsets to the gyro card wheel bearings and fixes will correspond to positions of a math mode ship.
- This Government-owned invention available for U.S. licensing and, possibly, for foreign licensing. Copy of patent available Commissioner of Patents, Washington, D.C. 20231 $0.50.
Department of the NavyWashington, DC USA
- Woodcock, A E
- Publication Date: 0
- TRT Terms: Airline pilots; Education and training personnel; Flight training; Maneuverability; Maneuvering; Patents; Pilotage; Ship simulators; Ships
- Uncontrolled Terms: Pilot training
- Old TRIS Terms: Trainer
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00146564
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: PAT-APPL-763 206 Patent
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 16 1977 12:00AM