METHOD FOR DETERMINING A SHIP'S HEADING EMPLOYING AN ELECTRO-OPTICAL ANGLE MEASURING DEVICE
Surveying means and method are shown for measuring the angles of a triangle one corner of which is on an unstable platform. An optical system establishes a base line, which will move parallel to itself in response to movement of the platform without altering any of the angles of the triangle. Measurement of two angles, yields the third.
- This Government-owned invention available for U.S. licensing and, possibly, for foreign licensing. Copy of patent available Commissioner of Patents, Washington, D.C. 20231 $0.50.
Department of the NavyWashington, DC United States
- Altman, D E
- Publication Date: 0
- TRT Terms: Angularity; Compasses; Electronics; Measurement; Navigation; Optical scanners; Optics; Patents; Ships
- Uncontrolled Terms: Angles; Electrooptical devices; Heading
- Old TRIS Terms: Determining; Employing; Patents (Heading indicators)
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Operations and Traffic Management; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00146563
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: PAT-APPL-54 502 Patent
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 16 1977 12:00AM