THERMALLY HARDENED RAILS
TERMICHESKI UPROCHNENNYE REL'SY
The technology of thermally hardened rails is discussed in 10 chapters: Rail Work Conditions and Operational Requirements; Requirements of Thermally Hardened Rails: Design Rigidity of Rails; Increasing the Strength of Rails; The Metallurgy and Capacity of Rails; Selection of Optimal Chemical Composition of Rail Steel; Thermal Hardening of the Entire Lengths of Rails; Properties of Thermally Hardened Rails; Peculiarities of the Operation of Thermally Hardened Rails; Welding Thermally Hardened Rails; Prespectives on the Further Increase of Rail Rigidity.
- Table of Contents only is available in English, original text untranslated as of December 1976.
Transport Publishing HouseBasmannyi Tupik 6A
Moscow B-174, USSR
- Publication Date: 1976
- TRT Terms: Alloy steel; Defects; Fatigue strength; Metal hardening; Metal heating; Rail (Railroads); Rail steel; Stresses; Structural design; Wear; Welding
- Uncontrolled Terms: Heat treatment
- Old TRIS Terms: Rail design; Rail hardening; Rail steel metallurgy; Rail stress; Rail welding
- Subject Areas: Design; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00144449
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Federal Railroad Administration
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Feb 16 1977 12:00AM