PARTNERSHIP FOR INVESTMENT: EMERGING AND INNOVATING FINANCING ISSUES
This symposium on innovative finance aims to : Inform stakeholder groups of financial strategies currently being tried; Explore and discuss new financing ideas that could be implemented; Examine barriers to innovative financing and how to overcome them; and Stimulate dialogue and ideas among participants about ways toll authorities, State DOTs, legislators, and other stakeholders can form partnerships which will result in an increase in infrastructure investment. This background paper explores these topics. It first summarizes existing new financing activities apart from, and stemming from FHWA's TE-045 initiative. It then discusses some of the new ideas currently being explored by USDOT and FHWA, by Congress, by State and local governments, and by toll authorities. Finally, the paper reviews some of the barriers that have been faced and issues that may arise in this new world of transportation finance.
Apogee Research, Incorporated4350 East West Highway, Suite 600
Bethesda, MD United States 20814
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Publication Date: 1995-5
- Pagination: 24 p.
- TRT Terms: Federal government; Financing; Infrastructure; Innovation; Investments; Local government; Partnerships; State government; Toll collection
- Uncontrolled Terms: Barriers (Challenges)
- Subject Areas: Finance; Highways; I10: Economics and Administration;
- Accession Number: 00793911
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jun 20 2000 12:00AM