THE NINTH ANNUAL REPORT OF THE CANDIAN TRANSPORT COMMISSION, 1975
The government Anti-Inflation Program introduced in October placed an increased responsibility on the Canadian Transport Commission to regulate or monitor rate increases and profit margins in those areas of transportation and telecommunications falling within federal jurisdiction. Under provisions of the Anti-Inflation Act the Commission must examine proposed rate increases in line with the guidelines on prices and profit margins to ensure that the increases are within the limits set by the guidelines. In this document the Commission reports on its regulatory actions in those areas of transportation and telecommunications.
Canadian Transport Commission275 Slater Street
Ottawa, ONo K1A 0N9, Canada
- Publication Date: 1976
- Features: Tables;
- TRT Terms: Inflation; Prices; Profits; Rates; Regulation; Telecommunications; Transportation
- Old TRIS Terms: Government intervention; Transportation rates
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Economics; Society; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00144240
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Transportation Association of Canada (TAC)
- Report/Paper Numbers: Ann. Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 31 1977 12:00AM