TCOM 2000 : TUCSON ADVANCED TRANSPORTATION TECHNOLOGIES COMMUNICATION PLAN
This document describes a study which had the primary objective of specifying a wide-area network (WAN) architecture, based on a wide- bandwidth backbone, to support communications requirements of advanced transportation systems for Pima County in Tucson, Arizona. The project also identified a need for the WAN to support other inter- agency services such as e-mail, remote database access, file transfer and video conferencing. In order to achieve these objectives, the following task had to be performed: 1) assess existing and committed infrastructure; 2) define communications requirements; 3) establish evaluation criteria; 4) define communications architecture; and, 5) specify physical components.
- Publication Date: 1996 Catalina Engineering, Inc., Tucson AZ
Catalina Engineering, Inc.,
Gardner-Rowe Systems, Inc,
Source One Business Systems,
Pima Association of Governments,
- Publication Date: 1996
- Pagination: 99 p.
- TRT Terms: Advanced traffic management systems; Communication systems; System architecture; System design
- Subject Areas: Design; Operations and Traffic Management;
- Accession Number: 00793433
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: UC Berkeley Transportation Library
- Files: PATH
- Created Date: Jun 13 2000 12:00AM