BREAKING THE LOGJAM THE GOVERNMENT'S CONSULTATION PAPER ON FIGHTING TRAFFIC CONGESTION AND POLLUTION THROUGH ROAD USER AND WORKPLACE PARKING CHARGES = TRECH'UR TAGFEYDD TRAFFIG : PAPUR YMGYNGHORI'R LLYWODRAETH AR YMLADD LLYGREDD A THAGFEYDD TRAFFIG DRWY DALIADAU DEFNYDDWYR FFYRDD A THALIADAU AM BARCIO YN Y GWEITHLE
This paper addresses traffic congestion in England and Wales. In the paper, a proposal is presented in which local authorities would be allowed to institute road pricing or introduce workplace parking taxes, provided that the revenues are recycled back into local transportation improvements such as transit service, road maintenance and traffic management. It is further explained that the proposal is not compulsory. Plans for implementing the proposal through local pilot projects are also discussed.
- Publication Date: 1998 Dept. of the Environment, Transport and the Regions, London Remarks: Text in English and Welsh
DEPARTMENT OF THE ENVIRONMENT, TRANSPORT AND THE REGIONSELAND HOUSE, BRESSENDEN PLACE
LONDON, United Kingdom SW1E 5DU
- Publication Date: 1998
- Pagination: 48, 48 p.
- TRT Terms: Policy; Road pricing; Traffic congestion
- Subject Areas: Policy;
- Accession Number: 00793406
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: UC Berkeley Transportation Library
- Files: PATH
- Created Date: Jun 13 2000 12:00AM