SYSTEMS FOR DESIGN OF HIGHWAY PAVEMENTS: FINAL REPORT
This study has produced three practical and useful products for the state highway agencies to address the pavement design dilemma: There is a large amount of knowledge about pavement design available that is not being used. These include a "Catalog of Current State Pavement Design Features," a "Catalog of Recommended Pavement Design Features," and a prototype Knowledge-Based Expert System (KBES). The development of the design feature recommendations through a unique consensus building process and the potential uses of each of these products by state highway agencies are summarized.
- Digital Copy:
- This publication is available on the CD-ROM, Pavement Design Tools: NCHRP Project 1-32 (September 1998).
ERES Consultants, Incorporated505 West University Avenue
Champaign, IL United States 61820-3915
National Cooperative Highway Research ProgramTransportation Research Board
500 Fifth Street, NW
Washington, DC United States 20001
- Darter, M I
- Von Quintus, H
- Owusu-Antwi, E B
- Jiang, J
- Publication Date: 1997-5
- Features: Appendices; Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 189 p.
- TRT Terms: Catalogs; Expert systems; Flexible pavements; Pavement design; Recommendations; Rigid pavements; State departments of transportation
- Geographic Terms: United States
- Subject Areas: Design; Highways; Pavements; Research; I22: Design of Pavements, Railways and Guideways;
- Accession Number: 00793251
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: NCHRP Project 1-32,, Final Report
- Files: TRIS, TRB
- Created Date: May 19 2000 12:00AM