POLICY AND PLANNING FOR MARINE AFFAIRS
Despite increased acitivity toward development of national ocean policy, and concern for coordination and management of ocean affairs, it has not been possible to formalize a focus for marine affairs on a national basis. The number, diversity, and ambiguity of national goals in the oceans is a prime reason. NACOA proposes reducing the uncertainty about goals and approaches by developing a comprehensive national marine plan during the next year, and suggests that this could be best carried out by an ad hoc task force under joint Legislative-Executive guidance.
- This is an abstract of a recommendation contained in the 5th Annual Report of NACOA to the President and Congress dated June 30, 1976.
National Advisory Committee on Oceans & AtmosphereWashington, DC United States 20230
- Publication Date: 1976-6
- Pagination: p. 1-4
- TRT Terms: Domestic; Transportation policy
- Geographic Terms: United States
- Old TRIS Terms: Transport policies/national
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Marine Transportation; Policy;
- Accession Number: 00141611
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Advisory Committee on Oceans & Atmosphere
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 17 1976 12:00AM