LOW-FLOOR EXTENSION: A SENSITIVE CONCEPTION
All rail transit operators face the same issue: the long rail vehicle lifetime of approximately 30 years prevents an ongoing introduction of technological improvements in the rail. At the same time, capital budgets for new rolling stock are limited, therefore the demand for improved comfort offered by low floor capability can be satisfied only over an extended period of time, despite the steadily rising fares.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/oclc/24067173
N/A3, Avenue Hoche
75008 Paris, France
- Vollrath, U
- Publication Date: 2000-2
- Pagination: 1 p.
- TRT Terms: Capital expenditures; Low floor vehicles; Passenger comfort; Rail transit; Rolling stock; Technology assessment
- Subject Areas: Public Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00791305
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 30 2000 12:00AM