CONTACTLESS SYSTEMS BRING INNOVATIVE FARE STRUCTURES
The advances in the telecommunications and information technology have turned the mundane passenger ticket into a contactless smart card, which, in turn, has brought about innovative fare structures and with that two major advantages to the transit operators and the travelers: speed and intelligence. The article appraises these advantages within a broader background of urban mobility.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/oclc/24067173
N/A3, Avenue Hoche
75008 Paris, France
- Najman, Gerard
- Publication Date: 2000-2
- Pagination: 1 p.
- TRT Terms: Fares; Intelligent transportation systems; Public transit; Smart cards; Technological innovations
- Subject Areas: Finance; Operations and Traffic Management; Public Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00791300
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 30 2000 12:00AM