THE NETHERLANDS' CAMPAIGN FOR HANDS-FREE PHONING
"Hands-free phoning is safer" is the slogan of a campaign in The Netherlands designed to raise awareness among motorists of the risks of using mobile telephones while driving. In contrast to a number of other countries, hand-held phoning while driving is not banned in The Netherlands. The campaign will concentrate on dissuading motorists from making calls while driving. Signs along the road, radio spots, brochures, and an Internet site are being used to bring about the desired change in behavior.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/oclc/614107147
- Page Range: pp 18, 20
Institute of Transportation Engineers (ITE)Washington, DC United States
- Publication Date: 2000-4
- Pagination: 2 p.
- TRT Terms: Attention lapses; Cellular telephones; Distraction; Drivers; Hand; Public information programs; Safety education; Traffic safety
- Geographic Terms: Netherlands
- Subject Areas: Education and Training; Highways; Safety and Human Factors; I83: Accidents and the Human Factor;
- Accession Number: 00790740
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: FHWA-RD-99-206,, HSIS Summary Report
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 27 2000 12:00AM