SCREENING GUIDE FOR RAPID ASSESSMENT OF LIQUEFACTION HAZARD AT HIGHWAY BRIDGE SITES (EXCERPTS)
As an aid to seismic hazard assessment, this report provides a "screening guide" for systematic evaluation of liquefaction hazard at bridge sites and a guide for prioritizing sites for further investigation or mitigation. The guide presents a systematic application of standard criteria for assessing liquefaction, ground displacement potential, and vulnerability of bridges to damage. This CD-ROM version contains excerpts from the original report.
- Record URL:
- The proceedings are available only on CD-ROM.
Washington, DC United States 20001
Federal Highway Administration1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Youd, T L
- Workshop on New Approaches to Liquefaction Analysis
- Location: Washington, D.C.
- Date: 1999-1-10 to 1999-1-10
- Publication Date: 1999
- Pagination: 12p
- TRT Terms: Dislocation (Geology); Hazard evaluation; Highway bridges; Liquefaction; Manuals; Seismicity
- Uncontrolled Terms: Seismic vulnerability
- Subject Areas: Geotechnology; Highways; I42: Soil Mechanics;
- Accession Number: 00789751
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: Technical Report, NCEER-97-0010, MCEER-98-0005
- Files: NTL, TRIS, TRB, USDOT
- Created Date: Mar 9 2000 12:00AM