CENTRAL AVALANCHE HAZARD FORECASTING-PHASE I FEASIBILITY STUDY-FINAL REPORT
This report describes the results of a feasibility study comprising Phase I of a Central Avalanche Hazard Forecasting Program for mountain passes in the State of Washington. The report describes existing weather and avalanche data sources, and suggests improvements and additions for improved input to and feedback from a centralized avalanche forecaster's office which will improve avalanche predictions for all passes within the State. WSDH and consultant efforts and results during FY 75 are described, and specific recommendations for Phase II, implementation of avalanche hazard forecasting, are provided.
- Sponsored by Washington State Highway Commission Department of Highways in cooperation with U.S. Department of Transportation Federal Highway Administration.
Washington State Department of HighwaysHighway Administration Building
Olympia, WA USA 98501
- Lachapelle, E R
- Marriott, R T
- Moore, M B
- Reinier, F W
- Taylor, P L
- Publication Date: 1975-8
- Features: Appendices; References;
- Pagination: 20 p.
- TRT Terms: Avalanches; Forecasting; Hazards; Mountains; Weather forecasting
- Subject Areas: Geotechnology; Highways;
- Accession Number: 00149924
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: Y-1700
- Files: TRIS, STATEDOT
- Created Date: Apr 13 1977 12:00AM