STANDARD HANDBOOK FOR CIVIL ENGINEERS-SECOND EDITION
This edition, which was necessitated by the recent major advances in civil engineering, provides in a single volume information that would be of greatest usefulness to those who have to make decisions affecting planning, design, and construction. Although the handbook is comprehensive, each topic is treated briefly, and frequent reference is made to other sources. Emphasis is placed on fundamentals rather than on design data. More than half the book is devoted to specialty fields such as building, bridge, highway, and environmental engineering. The rest of the book covers engineering common to those fields such as design and construction management, computer applications, specifications, geotechnical engineering and structural engineering. Construction materials (cementitions, metallic, organic, and composite materials, and environmental influences) are covered, as well as details of concrete design and construction, structural steel design and construction, cold- formed steel design and construction, wood design and construction, surveying, and earthwork. Municipal and regional planning, specialized engineering such as high, airport, rail-transportation, tunnel, water, and harbour engineering are also covered.
McGraw-Hill, Incorporated330 West 42nd Street
New York, NY USA 10036
- Publication Date: 1976
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 1198 p.
- TRT Terms: Airports; Building materials; Civil engineering; Construction; Data processing; Environmental engineering; Geotechnical engineering; Handbooks; Harbors; Highway engineering; Marine terminals; Railroad transportation; Regional planning; Specifications; Structural engineering; Tunneling
- Uncontrolled Terms: Construction specifications
- Old TRIS Terms: Harbor structures
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Bridges and other structures; Construction; Design; Geotechnology; Highways; Marine Transportation; Railroads; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00149909
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 27 1977 12:00AM