EUROPEAN TRANSIT SYSTEMS LEARNING FROM EACH OTHER
The European Union Transport Commissioner has started a project called Benchmarking Local Passenger Transport Systems in which best practices, including intelligent transportation systems applications, of member countries will be pulled together in the form of a handbook and databank. The idea is to have local authorities and operators learn from each others' accomplishments and mistakes and facilitate the flow of information among them. The project's emphasis is on benchmarking bus performance.
- This publication appears as a special insert in the Spring 1999 issue of "AASHTO Quarterly."
Washington, DC United States 20001
- Publication Date: 1999
- Pagination: p. 1
- AASHTO International Transportation Observer
- Publisher: American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials (AASHTO)
- TRT Terms: Benchmarks; Best practices; Bus transit; Bus transit operations; Information dissemination; Information services; Intelligent transportation systems; Local transportation; Passenger transportation; Performance; Public transit
- Identifier Terms: European Commission
- Geographic Terms: Europe
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Data and Information Technology; Operations and Traffic Management; Passenger Transportation; Public Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00788827
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 5 2000 12:00AM