ROPS FORCE AND ENERGY ABSORPTION FROM SIMULATED OVERTURN ANALYSIS
In this paper a two dimensional dynamic analysis is used to simulate an overturning condition for crawler tractors. Input for the analysis includes tractor dimensions, surface conditions, force-deflection characteristics of the tractor's rollover protective structure, soil properties, initial tractor position, initial tractor velocity, tractor mass, and tractor mass moment of inertia. Results of the analysis are used to study the effect of tractor mass on the force and energy absorbed by the tractor's rollover protective structure.
Warrendale, PA United States 15096
- Cobb, J L
- Publication Date: 1976-9
- Pagination: 7 p.
- TRT Terms: Crawler tractors; Energy absorption; Force; Mathematical analysis; Overturning; Protection; Rollover crashes; Safety equipment; Simulation
- Uncontrolled Terms: Protective equipment
- Subject Areas: Highways; Safety and Human Factors; Security and Emergencies; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00149847
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE #760691
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 27 1977 12:00AM