LOS ANGELES AIR IS MUCH CLEANER
This paper presents air monitoring data and references which show the following: Los Angeles photochemical and auto-caused air pollution is by far the worst in the U.S. Due to the control programs, Los Angeles air is much cleaner. The improvements are dramatic in the last few years. Downwind stations, such as Riverside, never had such high air pollution levels as Pasadena, and Riverside now is showing decreased levels. Sulfur dioxide and sulfate levels are not likely to reach as high levels in the early 1980's as were reached in the early 1950's before sulfur was limited in fuel oil.
Warrendale, PA United States 15096
- Brubacher, M L
- Publication Date: 1976-8
- Pagination: 14 p.
- TRT Terms: Air pollution; Air quality management; Exhaust gases; Photochemical oxidants; Sulfates; Sulfur dioxide
- Subject Areas: Highways; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00149845
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE #760583
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 27 1977 12:00AM