THE AVERAGE LIFE OF FULL-DEPTH HOT-MIX ASPHALT PAVEMENTS BUILT IN MONTGOMERY COUNTY MARYLAND 1950-1955
The results of this study indicate that the full-depth pavement being built under Montgomery County designs and receiving regular preventive maintenance, will serve satisfactorily well beyond the 24-year maximum age (1950 to 1974) observed in this study. In addition the average time to the first preventive maintenance treatment is approximately 14 years; average time between successive treatments is 10 years. These statistics are based on 123.12 miles of pavement constructed as 1,697 separate projects by several different contractors.
Lanham, MD USA 20706-4407
- Winfrey, R
- Foster, C R
- Publication Date: 1976-9
- Features: Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 15 p.
- TRT Terms: Asphalt pavements; Full-depth asphalt pavements; Hot mix asphalt; Pavement maintenance; Pavements; Preventive maintenance; Service life
- Old TRIS Terms: Pavement life
- Subject Areas: Design; Highways; Pavements;
- Accession Number: 00149806
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 11 1977 12:00AM