THE AVERAGE LIFE OF FULL-DEPTH HOT-MIX ASPHALT PAVEMENTS BUILT IN MONTGOMERY COUNTY MARYLAND 1950-1955
The results of this study indicate that the full-depth pavement being built under Montgomery County designs and receiving regular preventive maintenance, will serve satisfactorily well beyond the 24-year maximum age (1950 to 1974) observed in this study. In addition the average time to the first preventive maintenance treatment is approximately 14 years; average time between successive treatments is 10 years. These statistics are based on 123.12 miles of pavement constructed as 1,697 separate projects by several different contractors.
National Asphalt Pavement Association (NAPA)5100 Forbes Boulevard
Lanham, Maryland United States 20706
- Winfrey, R
- Foster, C R
- Publication Date: 1976-9
- Features: Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 15 p.
- TRT Terms: Asphalt pavements; Full-depth asphalt pavements; Hot mix asphalt; Pavement maintenance; Pavements; Preventive maintenance; Service life
- Old TRIS Terms: Pavement life
- Subject Areas: Design; Highways; Pavements;
- Accession Number: 00149806
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 11 1977 12:00AM