MULTIPATH TRAFFIC ASSIGNMENT BASED ON TRIPMAKERS" PERCEPTIONS
General multipath traffic assignment models are presented which are based on a simple model of tripmakers' perceptions and behavior rather than on a heuristic. These models can be calibrated through the study of tripmakers behavior on a limited set of trips rather than through the study of origin and destination patterns and link flows on a large network. The 3 models can be implemented by making minor changes in Dial's algorithm. One of the models, based on path likelihoods, contains Dial's model as a special case. The other 2 new models are based on arrival likelihoods and turn likelihoods.
General Motors CorporationResearch and Development Center, 30500 Mound Road
Warren, MI USA 48090
- Tobin, R L
- Publication Date: 1976-5
- Features: Appendices; Figures; References;
- Pagination: 25 p.
- TRT Terms: Mathematical models; Perception; Traffic assignment; Traffic simulation; Travel
- Uncontrolled Terms: Models; Trip
- Subject Areas: Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00149778
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: Rept. No. GMR-2139
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 13 1977 12:00AM