DETERMINISTIC AND RANDOM WAVE FORCES ON GRAVITY TYPE OFFSHORE PLATFORMS
Forces and moments on a rigid four-tower square base gravity platform are determined for regular and random linear waves using Morison's equation for the towers and diffraction theory for the base tank. For regular waves, maximum values of force and moment are determined. Using the fetch-limited wave spectrum derived from the Joint North Sea Wave Project, rms forces and moments are obtained by neglecting nonlinear drag force effects.
- Prepared for ASME Meeting.
American Society of Mechanical EngineersTwo Park Avenue
New York, NY USA 10016-5990
- Kirk, C L
- Nataraja, R
- Tetlow, J H
- Publication Date: 1976-12
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 8 p.
- TRT Terms: Electromagnetic spectrum; Force; Gravity structures; Offshore platforms; Waves
- Old TRIS Terms: Wave forces on structures
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00149754
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: Pap N76-WA/FE-24
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 13 1977 12:00AM