ANTI-SKID DEVICES FOR ROAD VEHICLES
The present paper is a review of systems for automatically controlling the brakes of a road vehicle so that the braked wheels continue to revolve until the vehicle comes to rest: anti-skid devices. The nature of skidding and the importance of avoiding it are discussed. A review of braking systems is then provided. The development of anti-skid devices is still in its infancy, none of the presently developed tires appears ideal. Demonstrations have shown the present approach to be capable of extremely effective results, and further intensive efforts are consequently called for.
University of New South WalesGate 9, High Street
Kensington, New South Wales Australia 2052
- Milner, C J
- Publication Date: 0
- Features: Figures; References;
- Pagination: 12 p.
- TRT Terms: Automated vehicle control; Brakes; Skid resistance; Skidding; Tires
- Old TRIS Terms: Antiskid device
- Subject Areas: Highways; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00149640
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Safety Council Safety Research Info Serv
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 13 1977 12:00AM