RECOMMENDED METHODS OF REPORTING WELD METAL HYDROGEN CONTENTS
An evaluation is made of a method, used for electrode classificaiton purposes, of reporting weld metal hydrogen contents based on deposited metal. It is recommended that for comparing processes and predicting procedures, a different basis of reporting be used which more closely approximates true concentrations. To avoid possible confusion between hydrogen levels reported on a deposited metal basis and the more accurate representation of concentration on a fused metal basis, two different sets of units are recommended.
International Institute of Welding,
- Publication Date: 1976
- Pagination: 2 p.
- TRT Terms: Butt welds; Electrodes; Embrittlement; Quality control; Welding
- Uncontrolled Terms: Hydrogen embrittlement
- Old TRIS Terms: Multipass welds; Welding electrodes; Welding quality control
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Materials;
- Accession Number: 00149636
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Institute of Welding
- Report/Paper Numbers: XII-639-76
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 13 1977 12:00AM