ANNUAL REPORT 1975
This report presents the legislative history and organization of the Committee, and lists a number of important positions and recommendations for consideration by the Secretary of Transportation. The Committee's structure as reorganized in September 1974 is illustrated, and the departmental replies to Committee recommendations are set forth. The resolutions and recommendations covered here, relate to: the highway safety standard 12; standards revision; emergency medical service; Indian safety programs; the Report Card; traffic records systems; driver education; state legislature; mandatory penalties for serious traffic offenses; bicycling safety; communication with the Congress and the public; enforcement; and the bicycling environment and bicycling equipment.
Department of TransportationNational Highway Safety Advisory Committee, 1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Publication Date: 1975-9
- Features: Figures; Photos;
- Pagination: 54 p.
- TRT Terms: Bicycles; Disasters and emergency operations; Highway safety; Laws; Publicity; Records management; Standards; Traffic engineering; Traffic violators
- Non-Preferred Terms: Emergency services
- Uncontrolled Terms: Traffic records
- Subject Areas: Finance; Highways; Law; Safety and Human Factors; Security and Emergencies;
- Accession Number: 00149621
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Apr 13 1977 12:00AM