NOISE ABATEMENT ON SHIPS
In this report background, planning, realization and main results are given of research on noise abatement on ships. A program for collection and presentation of sound source data from engines and engine components is given. Sound radiation from slow speed diesel engine turbo chargers is explained and suitable noise reducing measures are presented. Details of a simplified method for calculation of sound levels on ships are given. Suggestions for noise abatement planning in ships' accommodation and engine rooms are given. Sound insulation properties of accommodation linings are discussed as well as measures for reduction of sound radiation from linings. Different accommodation lining systems are discussed. In an appendix forms for the collection of sound data from engines and engine components are given and reference ship measurements carried out within the project described. Finally examples of different sound prediction calculation problems are given.
Swedish Ship Research FoundationFack
40270 Goteborg 8, Sweden
- Hult, M
- Publication Date: 1976
- Pagination: 182 p.
- TRT Terms: Electric insulating materials; Engines; Insulating materials; Machinery; Measurement; Noise; Noise control; Ships; Sound insulating materials
- Uncontrolled Terms: Noise measurement; Noise reduction; Ship noise
- Old TRIS Terms: Engine noise; Machinery noise
- Subject Areas: Environment; Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00149576
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Swedish Ship Research Foundation
- Report/Paper Numbers: SSF Project 5309 Main Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 13 1977 12:00AM