COMPUTERIZED TRANSIT NETWORK DEVELOPMENT MANUAL FOR THE STATE OF RHODE ISLAND
The actual mapping is described as well as the coding, building and calibrating of a computerized transit network using UTPS (UMTA Transportation Planning System - a battery of computer programs distributed by the Urban Mass Transportation Administration) procedures. The study area and mapping is briefly described. Mapping was followed by centroid location and the tieing of centroid connectors to the bus routes. The bus routes were all node numbered. Details are outlined of the link data, line data, routes and modes, as well as the building of the transit networks using the program UNET. Transit network paths were then built using program UPATH. The loadings of the network with transit trip was accomplished by using program ULOAD. Appendices provide information on the traffic zone and external centroid numbering system, and codes for municipality, transit company, mode and CBD areas.
Rhode Island Statewide Planning Program265 Melrose Street
Providence, RI United States 02907
- Publication Date: 1976-10
- Features: Appendices; Figures;
- Pagination: 26 p.
- TRT Terms: Bus transportation; Computer programs; Manuals; Networks; Public transit; Routing; Urban transportation
- Subject Areas: Highways; Motor Carriers; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00149500
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: Tech. Paper 65
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 30 1981 12:00AM