WISCONSIN TAXICABS: VOLUME I, EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
The 3-phase study reported here consisted of the compilation of an inventory of taxicab firms, a survey of cities and villages regarding taxicab regulations, and a survey of taxicab firms. The taxicab inventory (Vol. II) includes 109 firms headquartered in 78 cities and villages. Volume III of this study analyzes the regulatory structure within which the taxicabs operate. It is reported that taxicabs are subject to more intense local regulation than are other public transportation modes, and receive more favorable tax treatment from the state government. Volume IV describes the results of the survey of taxicab firms and contains information about hours of operation, fares, vehicles, work force etc. Nine taxi firms serve elderly and handicapped persons, 6 firms offer reduced fares, 8 firms offer subsidized programs, and 4 firms operate specially equipped vehicles. A bibliography with over 100 recent references is presented in Volume V.
Madison, WI United States 53702
- Publication Date: 1976-8
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 20 p.
- TRT Terms: Aged; Data collection; Fares; Inventory; Persons with disabilities; Regulations; Surveys; Taxicabs
- Subject Areas: Freight Transportation; Highways; Law; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation; Society;
- Accession Number: 00149499
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: Exec. Summ
- Files: TRIS, STATEDOT
- Created Date: Mar 30 1981 12:00AM