RAIL PLANNING MANUAL. PRELIMINARY BIBLIOGRAPHY
This Preliminary Bibliography, a supplement to Volume II of the Rail Planning Manual due for future distribution, was prepared to offer a timely planning resource to agencies facing increased involvement in rail planning. This bibliography presents three types of information. Section A, General References, describes documentation and reference materials related to the following topics: Organization for State Rail Planning, Light Density Lines, Mainline Planning, Special Studies, Participation and Coordination, Implementation and Administration, Rail Planning Related to Statewide Transportation Planning. Section B presents a compilation of important data sources. Section C lists pertinent items of legislation and regulation.
- See also Volume I, RRIS 25 148595, 7702 (FRA-RFA-76-06, NTIS/PB-263182/AS).
Federal Railroad Administration1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Publication Date: 1976-12
- Pagination: 52 p.
- TRT Terms: Abandonment; Bibliographies; Branch lines; Governments; Legislation; Planning; Railroad traffic; Railroad transportation; Regulations; State departments of transportation; State government; States; Statistics; Traffic density; Transportation planning
- Identifier Terms: Railroad Revitalization and Regulatory Reform Act of 1976
- Old TRIS Terms: Government planning; Government regulations; Light density lines; Regional rail reorganization act; State rail plan
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Law; Planning and Forecasting; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00149446
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: Biblio.
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Apr 27 1977 12:00AM