DIESEL SMOKE: LEGISLATION AND CONTROL
Legislative aspects of diesel smoke control in South Africa and Europe, the procedures for measuring smoke density and the effect of control at the time of writing are discussed. Comparisons are made between on-load smoke emission and free acceleration tests for a number of different vehicles. The problems of high altitude operation and turbocharging are discussed. Suggestions are made for the possible improvement of control methods with guidelines for the future.
- Presented at the International Conference on Air Pollution, sponsored by the South African Department of Health and held at Pretoria University, April 26-29, 1976.
Departement van Gesondheid van Suid-AfrikaPretoria, South Africa
- Tucker, L E
- Publication Date: 1976
- Pagination: 19 p.
- TRT Terms: Air pollution; Diesel engine exhaust gases; Regulations; Smoke; Superchargers
- Old TRIS Terms: Government regulations; Supercharging
- Subject Areas: Environment; Law; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00149404
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: S.121
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 27 1977 12:00AM