GROUNDS MAINTENANCE HANDBOOK
This handbook which was originally based solely on the particular ground maintenance problems of the Tennessee Valley Authority reservations, is here expanded to recognize the many recent innovations which have been made in materials, methods and equipment and in particular the environmental causes and effects. The book which starts with comments on planning, scheduling and public relations, considers the growing and maintenance of turf, as well as the planting and care of trees and shrubs. The selection, use and maintenance of equipment is covered as well as disease and insect control, and weeds and their eradication. Consideration is also given to soil erosion, maintenance of roads and parking areas, and the maintenance of recreation areas.
McGraw-Hill, Incorporated330 West 42nd Street
New York, NY United States 10036
- Conover, H S
- Publication Date: 1977
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 631 p.
- TRT Terms: Diseases and medical conditions; Erosion; Handbooks; Highway maintenance; Maintenance; Maintenance equipment; Parking lots; Public relations; Shrubs; Soils; Trees; Turf; Weed control
- Uncontrolled Terms: Ground
- Subject Areas: Geotechnology; Highways; Maintenance and Preservation; Safety and Human Factors; Terminals and Facilities; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00149351
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: Textbook
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 15 1977 12:00AM