IMPLEMENTATION OF THE 1975 STATEMENT OF NATIONAL TRANSPORTATION POLICY - A PROGRESS REPORT
This report reviews the progress to date in implementing the courses of action recommended in the 1975 Statement of National Transportation Policy. Recommendations are divided into thirteen areas and progress in each area is discussed, including the following: The railroad industry is embarking on a major modernization program. The financial condition of the domestic and international aviation industry appear to be improving. Progress is being made in energy conservation in transportation and in bringing about transportation regulatory reform. Mass transit and highway programs are being streamlined. Consumer participation in the decision making process is being facilitated. Programs continue to be implemented across the various modes of transportation to meet safety and environmental goals.
Office of the Secretary of Transportation1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Publication Date: 1976-9-17
- Pagination: 23 p.
- TRT Terms: Domestic; Intermodal transportation; Regulation; Transportation; Transportation policy
- Geographic Terms: United States
- Old TRIS Terms: Transport policies/national
- Subject Areas: Planning and Forecasting; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00149338
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Office of the Secretary of Transportation
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Apr 13 1981 12:00AM