OVERSIGHT HEARINGS BEFORE THE MERCHANT MARINE SUBCOMMITTEE WITH RESPECT TO U.S. FLAG MERCHANT MARINE
The purpose of this section of the hearings was to focus on the questions which had been raised concerning the overall program as it impacts both the national security and our economy. These hearings commenced on June 5, 1975. The Committee took testimony from representatives of the military, the Maritime Administration, industry and labor proponents and persons critical of the maritime program. The underlying questions which this report addresses are what are the national security needs of the United States, and how can these best be served by a national maritime policy and program.
United States SenateCommittee on Merchant Marine and Fisheries
Washington, DC USA 20510
- Publication Date: 1977
- Pagination: 134 p.
- TRT Terms: Capital investments; Construction; Domestic transportation; Operating subsidies; Policy; Route choice; Shipbuilding; Shipping; Subsidies; Trade routes; Transportation policy
- Geographic Terms: United States
- Old TRIS Terms: Domestic shipping policies; National shipping policies; Shipping policies; Trade route selection
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Construction; Marine Transportation; Policy;
- Accession Number: 00149333
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: United States Senate
- Report/Paper Numbers: No. 94-N
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 13 1977 12:00AM