SOVIET OCEANS DEVELOPMENT
The compendium includes analyses of Soviet ocean policy; evolution of Soviet seapower; the development of the merchant marine; fisheries policy; scientific and technological developments in the oceans; and mineral exploitation. The final part of the study is focussed on comparative strengths and weaknesses of the ocean capabilities of the United States and the U.S.S.R., and on the issue of reorganization of U.S. ocean activities in the Federal Government. The compendium includes articles from a number of outstanding U.S. and foreign scholars, civil servants from several Federal Government agencies, and specialists in ocean policy and Soviet affairs at the Congressional Research Service. The Highlight of Authors' Contributions attempts to reflect the divergent views of various authors. Ultimately each express their own views in their respective chapters.
United States SenateCommittee on Commerce
Washington, DC United States 20510
- Publication Date: 1976-10
- Pagination: 646 p.
- TRT Terms: Competition; Foreign; International trade; Merchant fleet operation; Policy; Shipping; Transportation policy; Water transportation
- Uncontrolled Terms: International competition
- Geographic Terms: Former Soviet Union; Russia (Federation); United States
- Old TRIS Terms: Foreign maritime development; International shipping policies; National shipping policies
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Policy;
- Accession Number: 00149332
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Congressional Research Service
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 13 1977 12:00AM