FIRST SEASON RESULTS FROM SHIP RESPONSE INSTRUMENTATION ABOARD THE SL-7 CLASS CONTAINERSHIP S.S. SEA-LAND MCLEAN IN NORTH ATLANTIC SERVICE (SL-7-8)
This report contains data, with appropriate evaluation and discussions, collected during the first season on board the S.S. SEA-LAND McLEAN. Data collection began with westbound Voyage 1 on October 8, 1972 and terminated with the eastbound passage of Voyage 12 on April 5, 1973. A total of 80 data tapes were recorded containing in excess of 50,000 separate data intervals from more than 100 transducers. Discussions include a description of the digitized data, comparisons of stresses with sea state, simultaneous response data from all transducers during selected portions of a rough voyage, and a consideration of torsional responses.
Ship Structure CommitteeNational Academy of Science, 2101 Constitution Avenue, NW
Washington, DC USA 20418
- Boentgen, R R
- Fain, R A
- Wheaton, J W
- Publication Date: 1976-9
- Pagination: 182 p.
- TRT Terms: Containerships; Hulls; Instrumentation; Ship motion; Stresses
- Identifier Terms: Ship Structure Committee
- Old TRIS Terms: Hull instrumentation; Instrumentation technology; Ship response
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Materials;
- Accession Number: 00149317
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Ship Structure Committee
- Report/Paper Numbers: SSC-264 Tech. Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: N00024-73-C-5059
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 13 1977 12:00AM