THE CONSTRUCTION AND WELDING OF SECTIONS IN THE NEW (ARIAKE) SHIPYARD
To achieve a trouble-free flow of production using automated and mechanised methods, five work lines were introduced. The activities on each of these lines are described under the headings; Internal structure assembly line (longitudinal slot method); plate panel production line (one-sided welding); joining area; two-section completion and inspection lines.
- International Conference on Structural Design and Fabrication in Shipbuilding, London, 18-20 Nov. 1975.
Welding InstituteAbingdon Hall
Cambridge CB1 6AL, England
- Ohta, M
- Publication Date: 1975-11
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 10 p.
- TRT Terms: Automation; Cargo handling equipment; Hulls; Materials management; Panels; Planning; Production; Production control; Shipyards; Subassemblies; Welding
- Old TRIS Terms: One side welding; Panel assembly; Shipyard automation
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Planning and Forecasting;
- Accession Number: 00149287
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: British Ship Research Association
- Report/Paper Numbers: Paper 12
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 30 1977 12:00AM