AUTOMATIC HULL STRUCTURE SUBASSEMBLING MACHINE
An automatic subassembling machine, devised by the Authors, automatically lifts, hauls, positions and tackwelds stiffening members to conveyor-transported web plates to fabricate deck, side and bottom transverse of web frames. Now in operation at the Koyagi Shipyard of Mitsubishi Nagasaki Shipyard and Engine Works, the machine has proved highly successful, raising the productivity, work accuracy and moral of workers in the subassembly process. Future improvements to the equipment are outlined.
- International Conference on Structural Design and Fabrication in Shipbuilding, London, 18-20, Nov. 1975.
Welding InstituteAbingdon Hall
Cambridge CB1 6AL, England
- Kamata, A
- Hori, K
- Publication Date: 1975-11
- Pagination: 6 p.
- TRT Terms: Automation; Cargo handling equipment; Hulls; Materials management; Panels; Planning; Production; Production control; Productivity; Shipbuilding; Shipyards; Subassemblies
- Old TRIS Terms: Panel assembly; Shipyard automation
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Planning and Forecasting;
- Accession Number: 00149286
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: British Ship Research Association
- Report/Paper Numbers: Paper 11
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 30 1977 12:00AM