PRIORITIES FOR UNIVERSITY RESEARCH IN TRANSPORTATION
The following research topics were identified at the workshop and considered to be of high priority: Economics and Regulation; The structure of the market. Investment criteria, user changes, and fiscal policy. Distributional impacts and methods of compensation. Effects of transportation on city size and social structure. Performance measurements. Technology, environment, and regulatory process. Conflict of interest in transportation technology; Socio-Behavioral Sciences: Market behavior of transportation consumers. Views of government authorities, private companies and labor unions on transportation problems. Assessmets of the social impact of specific transportation policies and programs. Passsenger response to changes in the transportation. Potential changes in transportation resources. Consumer perceptions of the transportation system; Science and Technology: Improving the interaction between vehicles and guidways. Modelling research to predict and allocate costs for service, safety and emissions. Improving transportation management information, communication's control, and efficiency. Reduction of tire, cost, and hazards to freight and passengers subjected to changes in transportation models. Prioritize unrestricted research; Planning Implementation and Operation: Transportation Systems Management. Improving service. Considerations of equity questions. Comprehensive planning. Transportation and spatial form relationships.
- This report contains the proceedings of a workshop conducted by DOT and the National Research Council held in Washington, D.C., March 18-19, 1976.
National Research Council2101 Constitution Avenue, NW
Washington, DC USA 20418
- Publication Date: 1976
- Pagination: 85 p.
- TRT Terms: Behavior; Economics; Implementation; Regulation; Social sciences; Technology; Transportation; Transportation planning; Transportation system management; Urban transportation
- Subject Areas: Economics; Planning and Forecasting; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00149162
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: Proceeding
- Contract Numbers: DOT-OS-40022
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 31 1977 12:00AM