MECHANA-POWER: A NEW APPROACH TO INFINITELY VARIABLE TRANSMISSIONS (DOMESTIC AND FOREIGN PATENTS IN PROCESS)
This paper describes Mechana-Power Drive (MPD), a new concept for a continuously variable transmission. MPD is comprised of a variable throw crank linked to a plurality of hydraulic ratchets gear coupled to each other and to the load. Output speeds range from 2.5 times engine speed down to zero for both forward and reverse. Measured efficiency ranges between 92% and 96% and the transmission drives from either the input or the output end. There is no practical power limit in the concept.
Warrendale, PA USA 15096
- Gogins, L G
- Russell, C P
- Publication Date: 1976-8
- Pagination: 9 p.
- TRT Terms: Air quality management; Economic analysis; Economic efficiency; Fuel consumption; Hydraulic transmissions; Transmissions; Vehicle power plants
- Uncontrolled Terms: Efficiency
- Old TRIS Terms: Automobile engines
- Subject Areas: Economics; Energy; Highways; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00149151
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE #760586
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 27 1977 12:00AM