HANDLING PERFORMANCE REQUIREMENTS OF AUTOMOBILES: DISCUSSED IN THE CONTEXT OF THE VW GOLF
The recently introduced Volkswagen Golf, or Rabbit as it is known in North America represents the newest addition to the line of passenger cars manufactured Volkswagenwerk AG. The considerations applied in the establishment of design goals in the handling sector are discussed in the context of a description of the vehicle suspension system. The state of knowledge and administrative regulation of vehicle handling response characteristics are discussed in the context of design goals.
Warrendale, PA USA 15096
- Goes, F
- Fischer, A
- Publication Date: 1974-10-21
- Pagination: 20 p.
- TRT Terms: Automobiles by type; Handling characteristics; Laws; Motor vehicles; Suspensions; Vehicle design; Vehicle performance
- Uncontrolled Terms: Handling; Vehicle make
- Old TRIS Terms: Motor vehicle laws & regulations
- Subject Areas: Design; Highways; Law; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00149150
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE #741041
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 27 1977 12:00AM